Home Safety Tips:
- Keep a distance between flammable objects and fire sources.
- Use harmful products with caution and keep them out of reach to children and pets.
- Never leave sharp objects and utensils unattended.
- Leave space around appliances for proper ventilation.
- Keep electrical appliances wrapped and put away, never use around water.
- Use no-slip strips on the bottom of tub or shower.
- Never smoke in bed
- Purchase mattresses with open flame-resistant protection.
- You’re most vulnerable when you sleep. Even in bed, keep a phone, light (and if necessary, a weapon)
- Keep chemicals and poisonous substances locked up and or out of reach from kids/pets.
- Keep clean/organized, especially because tools can be sharp, heavy or dangerous.
- Fence in your yard
- Keep trees and bushes trimmed
- Keep pool areas locked when not in use
- Keep steps, well light, dry and clean.
- Make sure all railings are sturdy and on both sides of the stairwells.
- Make the distance between rails very narrow enough to prevent a child/infant from falling through.
To Guard Against Fire:
- Install smoke detectors, change batteries every year.
- Avoid overloading outlets/extension cords.
- Keep fire extinguishers handy and know how to use them.
- Establish/practice safety exit plans.
- Never block or pile things onto heaters or heat excluding appliances.
- Never leave a fire or hot appliance unattended.
- Remove dry vegetation from around the perimeter of the house.
- Cover all fireplaces and pits.